Happy and Prosperous New Year - subscribers, regulars and visitors alike.
To mark the new year…
- On the blog I have posted two brand-new sci-fi stories – very hot off the keyboard, and never seen the light out the cellar before. One harks back to the tales I used to hear of the Blitz on Nottingham; and the other to my school inspection days. About 4 minutes and 2 minutes, they are.
- I have already knocked a one-month £1 amount of all eBooks. Ten of them! That’s a positive fortune to save, at £2.89 each, for £14.45 for the whole Five-book New-Classic series. But it’s the last week of this offer.
- I published the fifth of the New-Classic Sci-Fi series “Further Yet” recently (partly a slip of the finger on the “Publish” button, but never mind).
- I want to get two books ahead of myself – have them in hand, so to speak. One is Sci-Fi; the other OsssOss (Odds, Sods and Surprises Series Of Short Stories).
- This is so I can return to my “Medieval Fantasy Saga” series, “Realms of Kyre”. I have begun to edit it, re-proof it, organise it into a different format of books.
- I spotted a picture of a caped figure with a sword recently, and thought it might be perfect as my main character; and as front cover. I’ve approached the online artist, but with no reply. I played with the picture, inserted a dragon and a castle, title and name, playing with some fonts – and it’s amazing! It looks real! It feels as though I have something solid to work towards now – like filling the space behind that cover.
- Still no response from the original artist, so I’ve approached a cover artist to do me a similar bespoke job.
- So that’ll be Book 1 ready before Easter, with luck. It looks like being 110,000 words; 400+ pages. About double the lengths of the New-Classic short-stories books. Twice as thick.
- Book 2 should follow before the summer. With the rest of the series trailing along as time permits, and readers’ interest encourages.
- If you like – or don’t like – the blog stories, let me know. Not just a “yeuk” – say why, hmm?